I’ve been involved in software development since 1993 when I began work with an ISP in Taiwan and created websites for expatriates there. I soon focused on presentation layer design and development and user experience.
The end user’s key concerns energize me and compel me to work to build better solutions.
I moved from e-commerce into digital marketing while working at Razorfish in Austin. Since then I’ve taken every opportunity to work with video, audio, motion graphics, interactivity, and engaging experiences.
15 years of UX design and architecture experience and front end development
Former clients include: Dell, Microsoft, NFL, AT&T, Southwest Airlines, Travelocity, JC Penny, Kraft, Southern Methodist University, Thirty-One Gifts, Trend Micro, BlueCross BlueShield, Credit Union National Association (CUNA)
Domain experience: technology, information systems, ecommerce, healthcare, insurance, banking and finance, marketing, travel, telecommunications, consumer goods and services, information and consumer security, small business, higher education, and online learning
April 2021 - present
Senior UX Architect - Hawkeye Agency
Digital ad agency.
- Healthcare & finance sectors UX
- Projects: Built fully functional interactive prototypes, sales demos, wireframed UX for mobile and desktop sites, designed Find A Doctor feature-rich experience, optimized complex consolidated billing flows, created self-directed purchasing experiences, performed and reported on user testing sessions, pitched and secured new projects to clients, designed UX for mobile & desktop
October 2020 - April 2021
Freelance UX Architect
Freelance internet consulting.
- Freelance internet consulting – healthcare and lifestyle sites.
May 2020 - September 2020
UX Architect – Infinity Consulting Solutions, Inc.
Technology consulting business with Trend Micro (multinational cyber security software company).
Projects: Global Marketing UX architect on domestic and international public websites
Lead information architecture on main US websites
Prototype navigation variations for mobile & web
Optimize conversion rate (CRO) from user data analytics
September 2019 - September 2020
UX Architect – Thirty-One Gifts LLC.
Direct sales company with $800m in annual sales.
Projects: Principal UX architect and designer for all digital properties, public, consultant websites, mobile apps; interactive prototypes, design and style guides
June 2019 - September 2019
UX Architect – Freelance
Freelance internet consulting.
Project: health coaching website pre-launch UX strategy
Built prototype site using WordPress
September 2018 - June 2019
UX Developer -Ascend Marketing
Customer engagement firm specializing in journey marketing automation.
Projects: SMU online cybersecurity website, Republic Title website, Kitewheel / Node.js prototype dashboard (journey marketing automation tool)
Presented UX concepts and solutions to stakeholders
Delivered via cross-functional team
Built site for online graduate course for SMU in cybersecurity to serve as template for future courses using Sitecore items and pages to create mobile and desktop site
March 2017 - September 2018
UX Architect – Freelance
Freelance local digital marketing and internet consulting.
Projects: A V Corp Security website, Amarillo ARAD Comprehensive Treatment Center website, Park Central Luxury Senior Living website, BetterMD Inc. data projects website & mobile
Designed local business websites, consulted on digital marketing
June 2013 - March 2017
UX Strategist | Digital Marketing Director - Happy State Bank
Community bank privately held with $3 billion in assets under management.
Projects: Rebuilt bank website, intranet, internet banking website, mobile prototype site for HR
Worked closely with Chief Information Officer and team to revamp web and mobile interfaces
Created wireframes, sitemaps, screen flows, detailed interaction design assets, state transition diagrams, interactive prototypes, information architecture, site map
March 2010 - June 2013
UX Architect – betterMD.net Inc.
Privately held medical supply and electronic medical records company.
Projects: rebuild clinic staff and patient websites
Implemented software team version control; integrated legacy accounting system online/offline integration with Salesforce.com, MS SQL Server, Informatica
Built mobile product store prototype
January 2008 - March 2010
Sr. Front End Developer – Razorfish | Microsoft
Interactive developer at a top tier digital ad agency.
Projects: dynamic and interactive high-profile, big-budget consumer websites
Clients included: Southwest Airlines Booking, Dell New UX for ‘out of box’ experience, Dell Design Studio, NFL Site Media Player, Papa John’s Home page, Microsoft MyAccount, State Farm Landing Pages, Kraft Landing Pages, JCPenney Interactive Video Jeans Shopping, AT&T Mobile
Worked with dynamic UX team of UX architects, UI designers, UX and back-end developers to transform flat designs into working landing pages, microsites, entire websites
Delivered winning client-pitch video to secure a crucial account
January 2000 - November 2007
UX Strategist | Process Engineer | Software Project Mgr –
Leading online ecommerce site.
Projects: dell.com, premier.dell.com ecommerce websites, software engineering process group
Conducted user workshops, stakeholder interviews and surveys, ethnographic studies, lab studies
Designed UX and UI for global I/T software SDLC website
Managed large organization’s change management process, and process adoption
Implemented software estimation and SDLC quality assurance techniques
Bachelor of Business Administration - Management Information Systems
- Texas Tech University, Rawls School of Business, Summa Cum Laude
Chinese (Mandarin) Language
- Moderate conversational proficiency
- UX Leader, trusted and consistent contributor, and mentor
- Work independently, collaboratively, proactively across accounts and disciplines and against aggressive deadlines
- Proficiency to understand, interpret, and communicate UX research
- Ability to envision and communicate UX concepts and solutions to stakeholders across business functions
- Ensure consistent workflow and UI, apply UI conventions and best practices to web and mobile
- Gather and document requirements, use cases, user stories in Agile, SCRUM processes
- Design information architecture
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, sitemaps, user / screen flows, detailed interaction design assets, state transition diagrams, journey maps, motion graphics, video and audio
- Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Technical understanding of software development, technologies (databases, Vue JS, SEO, User Behavior Analytics)
- CMS experiences incl. WordPress, SharePoint, Sitecore
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data, behavioral and attitudinal data